THE coolest calculator I've ever seen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phyl

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is so cool. It is a stocking calculator that takes more than just adult fish inches per gallon into consideration (bioload, body mass, etc).

http://tropicalresources.net/phpBB2/templates/BMan1Blue/Stocking.htm

It seems to take so many factors into consideration and gives advice based on the fish that you've added. Very interesting! Unfortunately it told me what I already know... I'm already very near capacity (without factoring in the fish that I have in QT; I'm afraid they're going to push me over the edge! How did that happen?!).

Whatcha think?

I think it is really cool! Some of the columns I do not readily know the answers for, such as Habitat. I'm not sure where I can find out that kind of information. Overall though, it's a neat calculator. Unfortunately, like you, it's telling me I am perilously close to being overstocked. :?

Very interesting. I would be interested in knowing what all the various options are based upon. IE body shape, level of water desirablity, activity level, herivore vs carnavore, etc.

When I plugged in my numbers it gave me information regarding competition for open water feeding potentially causing a problem with fish agression as well as information regarding the chromis doing better in groups of 6 or more, anthias also in groups of 6 or more, etc. As far as herbivore v. carnivore I think this affects the amount of bioload that they produce since "meat" waste fouls more than "herb" waste (which surprises me because I feel that tangs, though herbivores are some of the messiest (biggest pooping) fish I've ever seen). I don't think all of the info relates merely to the calculation of how many fish units you can keep, rather how your tank inhabitants will fare together given their color, eating style, space in the water column, active v. stationary, etc.

don't know about this.

""There are some significant problems with your stocking list. Amphiprion percula will be a problem, it may be too large for the tank, and/or may potentially kill some of the other fish you've added.""

That is with 2 percs and 1 coral beauty and that is it!!!!

Also says blue hermit crabs and turbo grazers should be kept singally!!!!!

If you change the column on the far right for schooling/harem that changes the recommendations. For example if I said singly for anthias it would tell me that they should be kept singly. When I changed that to harem then it told me I didn't have enough of them. Not sure about the perc eating tankmates, lol. Maybe it mistook what you entered for some other fish. I would more expect that with my maroon.

no I typed in the scientific name as well and it still said that. LOL MONSTERS in my tank AHHHHHHHHHHHH

The calculator will not work if your using Firefox.

PS. My Naso in my 125 is to big for the tank..... :?

Back
Top Bottom