The drip method

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zacheyp

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all, i am in the second week of letting my 20 l sit fallow after an unfortunate encounter with ich, when my tank is ready for fish again i will stock with 2 clowns
1 royal gramma
1 chalk bass
1 purple firefish OR yellow watchman goby
when my tank is ready for fish i would like to use the drip method of acclimation, but i dont really understand how to do it
thanks and all the best

I take a section of airline tubing that has not been used, (im going to assume you understand how a siphon works also.) all you have to do is tie a knot in the end that the drips will come out of to restrict the flow. Start the siphon and if the drips are too fast tighten the knot.

I do it for freshwater but you will need to do it until the salinity of your tank is the same as the water that the fish is acclimating in

there are also some vids on youtube if u feel like looking

With freshwater fish are you dripping directly into the bag until it is full or using a bucket of some sort?

if they give me enough water in the bag i will carefully dump them into the top of my API master kit set(the clear part), my fish have all been small.

if they don't give you enough water find a way to get it to go into the bag and possibly drain out into a container until you can ditch the bag

i have no idea what siplon is also, how does that stock look

A siphon is just a fancy term for water being pulled through the tube without the use of a motor or anything. essentially the water moving through the tube will create a vacuum which needs to be filled so the water moves into the empty space, step 4 in the link given above by TLTGF describes an easy way to start it

are you seriously already asking about that stocking list again...? Unbelievable

Your 1st fish died from ich which means they weren't QT'ed beforehand. Are you planning on setting up a QT tank to watch and treat, if necessary, the new fish before adding them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom