Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-18-2008, 08:22 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roka64 View Post
Here is an easy to read article on the coast to coast:
BeanAnimal's Bar and Grill - Silent and Fail-Safe Overflow System

Thanks for the recomendation of my site. It may not be the "ideal" setup, but it works well for me. I needed dead silence and safety. You can easily achieve a safe or fail-safe overflow in other manners, but many of them compromise silence in the process.

No matter what you end up doing, look hard at using a coast to coast (A.K.A. Calfo) overflow. External will save you a bit of room in the tank, but either way (internal or external) they are far superior to other styles of overflows.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:24 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Lightbulb what are you going to put in it?

Hey Fireworks, it sounds like you are going to drop some serious $$$ on this tank. I am really excited for you. What are you going to put in it - LPS reef, SPS, biotope? I am looking to upgrade too & love the livestock that I have, but dont want to have a $10,000 tank and have a bunch of $10-30 fish in it.

Old 05-19-2008, 07:18 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayray View Post
Hey Fireworks, it sounds like you are going to drop some serious $$$ on this tank. I am really excited for you. What are you going to put in it - LPS reef, SPS, biotope? I am looking to upgrade too & love the livestock that I have, but dont want to have a $10,000 tank and have a bunch of $10-30 fish in it.

I am just going to transfer my current livestock which is all LPS and one clam to this new tank. I may be moving and would like to set up the new tank in the new house then bring everything over when it's up and running. My problem is I can't replace anything without upgrading it. If i'm going with a new tank it might as well be reef ready, while i'm at it why not go bigger? and so on. Nobody accused this hobby of being cheap! Anyway thanks everyone for ideas, my only other question, is Starfire glass worth the money? Thanks again. Jamie
Old 05-19-2008, 02:37 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

On a larger tank, Starfire for at least the front glass is worth it IMO. You can see the difference for yourself at Glasscages.com

cmor1701d is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com