Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-21-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
The incredible vanishing angry firefish

OK so I have two firefish in my tank, both introduced at the same time, and both were getting along just peachy for about a month. A week or so ago, the big one started chasing and nipping at the little one - nipped his top fin down a bit, but other than that he seems to be ok...but in any event, I tried to catch either one to remove from the tank but was unsuccessful. Had more or less resigned myself to the depressing realization that the big firefish was likely going to kill the little one.

Fast forward to today...little one is out and about and having a grand ol' time, big one is nowhere to be seen. Even at feeding time, not a sign of him...I know they're jumpers, but I have a lid on my tank (and have checked around all the same with no sign of him) - though I suppose its possible he's tucked under a bit of rock someplace.

Can aggression be a sign of a fish that's sick/dying? I've never really seen that before in my fish only tanks, but I've also never kept FF before.

72 Bow
firefish, ocellaris clown fish
caulastrea, green star polyps, palythoa, zoas
bighabeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:16 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
When mine was ill he didnt come out, not even for feed.
But his rock was visable and he was just laying down an breathing really heavy.

I think aggression is because they are not a mated pair
fishy5559 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com