The Mighty Bird Wrasse!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bird wrasses are great. I had a female years ago that turned into a male. I'm actually on the hunt for one now.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Bird wrasses are great. I had a female years ago that turned into a male. I'm actually on the hunt for one now.

Todd ,,, if you wanna book yourself a trip to Hawaii I could prob get you within 50 feet of one :) Actually they're fairly common over there ,.. My girl friend Laura always asks me about them " did you see the elephant nose wrasse over by those rocks" .... Whenever I see them it seems to be on a pinnacle that has a lot of surge ..one second they're here and the next second they're over there .
Obviously with that pointed nose they can get into little crevices where other fish can't ,... Amazing adaptive I'd say .

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I never go out looking and actually find what I originally wanted, but I got one today. Traded two gallon ziplock bags of Chaeto for it, so quite the deal.

Dary-I wish a trip to Hawaii was possible. It's been way too long.

I never go out looking and actually find what I originally wanted, but I got one today. Traded two gallon ziplock bags of Chaeto for it, so quite the deal.

Dary-I wish a trip to Hawaii was possible. It's been way too long.

Outstanding !!! Sometimes things just happen :) , hope All's well so far , cute little devils huh?

Cheato for a wrasse? I want in on that deal, I'm throwing cheato away monthly due to so much growth!!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
They are interesting fish and it seems like people kinda ignore them. I've always loved them though. It's in QT now, but I may just put it into the 240 this weekend as I think that more space and sand will be better. Might add the Sailfin Tang I got too.

The Chaeto trade was with an old fish store that I've gone to for years (probably 30). They always say to bring it in whatever I can spare. I got 2 gallon ziplocks stuffed and they gave me $40 credit. I saw the green bird and the deal was done.

Todd,...totally cool ,... It really helps when you're in good with your lfs,... There's a lot of bad pr associated with some of them and prob righty so but there's some totally cool ones who really are there for the hobby and have really knowledgeable staffs,.. Glad you got your long nose

Back
Top Bottom