The price of pre-mixed saltwater..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CCXGT

Aquarium Advice Addict
You guys think £1.29 per Gallon is expensive for saltwater?
I'll only be needing 1-2 Gallons a week per water change but still... It'll add up.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well... considering the price of a box of salt is about $50 and will mix 200 gallons of water, yeah thats a bit pricy.

Well... considering the price of a box of salt is about $50 and will mix 200 gallons of water, yeah thats a bit pricy.

Yeah but I can't make my own.
I can't make RODI and even if I could I have nowhere to store it.

They have super cheap ro di filters that attach right to the faucet. A day before water change hook it up and pump a few gallons out into a bucket then add salt.

They have super cheap ro di filters that attach right to the faucet. A day before water change hook it up and pump a few gallons out into a bucket then add salt.

The cheapest one I've seen is £90..
Also I'm not even sure if it'll fit on my tap.

Take it your from uk like me. You can get cheap ro unit on ebay for about £40 and if you ain't got tap can always use your bath tap with a clamp fitting for the hose. Won't cost much to do as salts cost from £45-£55 for big bucket think it's 25kg that will last you along time if only doing 1-2 gals aweek.

Take it your from uk like me. You can get cheap ro unit on ebay for about £40 and if you ain't got tap can always use your bath tap with a clamp fitting for the hose. Won't cost much to do as salts cost from £45-£55 for big bucket think it's 25kg that will last you along time if only doing 1-2 gals aweek.

I have found a cheaper alternative to that first offer.

25p per litre from Water World..

I don't know if I want to get into making my own water yet.

The average around me is £7.50 for 25 litres of salt water and £3.50 for RO water. I've never been able to find a non plumb RO unit

The average around me is £7.50 for 25 litres of salt water and £3.50 for RO water. I've never been able to find a non plumb RO unit

Most off the units you don't have to plumb in just fit it to what ever tap u got

Really? I thought the opposite. Where would you recommend getting a brand new one?

I have found a cheaper alternative to that first offer.

25p per litre from Water World..

I don't know if I want to get into making my own water yet.

Well if it works for you then theres no problems. Just make sure that they use ro / di filtration and that their filters are changed regularly.

Well if it works for you then theres no problems. Just make sure that they use ro / di filtration and that their filters are changed regularly.

I've seen some rather expensive fish at that particular LFS. I'm sure they wouldn't risk bad water quality for £100's worth of fish.
I will definitely ask though.

Really? I thought the opposite. Where would you recommend getting a brand new one?

Ebay. If not got garden tap then get normal tap connecter

Back
Top Bottom