the sand in my tank keeps going brown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigfish84

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all. I need help the sand in my tank keeps going brown! And I don't know why! Can anyone help?

We're gone need more info water parameters temp how long has it been up and running the more info you can provide the better

Do a couple of 10-15% pwc and it start clearing up. Has your tank already cycled? If not, could be toward the end and it will clear up.

Yes it has cycled there was alot more but it is getting better but it just seem to be taking so long and every day I'm having to tune the sand over to get rid of all the brown

I know the feeling. Be patient, it will go away before u know it. Also, if don't already have them, get some reef cleaners. www.reefcleaners.org. Helped me out a lot...

Bigfish84 said:
Yes it has cycled there was alot more but it is getting better but it just seem to be taking so long and every day I'm having to tune the sand over to get rid of all the brown

If your ammonia is 8.8 your tank hasn't cycled yet.

Dont stir your sand it releases the detritus and it will feed the diatoms turning your sand brown it will clear on it's own PWC's are the way to get rid of it

Ok thanks I sent a email and thay don't sent to the uk if anyone knows of some one that will post to the uk (London) this will help me out alot

You can try and PM GoldieLocks1 She's in the UK and may be able to asn. for you.

Back
Top Bottom