The Silver Lining: Help Me Restock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patroklos

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, for those of you who care to know why I have the option of restocking look here:

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f11/disaster-everything-is-dead-help-114219.html

Its been a day since that experiance and in an effort to cheer me up my friends began getting me to talk about what I would be doing next and if it would be different. While I was VERY satisfied with my tank and fishy friends before their unfortunate demise (we are saying goodbye Irish wake style tonight), it did get me thinking and talking about what is possible now that I have a blank slate yet again.

So any suggestions? Here is what I had before.

FISH
1 Powder Blue Tang
1 Yellow Eyed Kole
2 Talbot Damsels
5 Green Chromis
2 Ocellaris Clowns (mated)
1 Yellow Watchmen Goby

CORAL
1 Branching Frogspawn
1 Wall Hammer
1 Sun Coral
1 Closed Brain
1 Pipe Organ
1 Bubble Coral
1 Dendro
2 Acans
1 Elegance Coral

INVERTS
1 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
1 Fire Shrimp
1 BTA
1 Brittle Star
1 Porclien Crab
Assorted Red/Electric Blue Hermits
Assorted Astraea/Nassarius/Turbo Snails

All and all a pretty robust population, here are the badasses who survived my catastrophy:

FISH
1 Powder Blue Tang
2 Ocellaris Clowns (mated)
1 Yellow Watchmen Goby

CORAL
1 Elegance Coral

INVERTS
1 Brittle Star
1 Porclien Crab
Assorted Red/Electric Blue Hermits
Assorted Nassarius

Now, so you know where I am coming from here are some things to keep in mind. I leave town a lot of weekends, so whatever is in the tank has to be able to fend for itself for 2-3 days while I am gone. Also, while I enjoyed my dendro and sun coral I got real sick of feeding them fast, so photosythetic corals are more my style. So, looking at that those two lists I am thinking about what I could do differently. Here are some things I was thinking...

1.) I am going to buy more acans. I loved the two I had and while expensive they were really low maintinance. It is hard to find corals with more colors.
2.) I am going to try Chalices. I had one already but it arrived sick and didn't survive. I am going to give it another shot.
3.) I am getting a Midas Blenny, while similar in shape and color to my YWG I like the snake like movement that is different.
4.) I am going to forgo the Chromis and try a group of something else. I am thinking of going with either a group of three Bartletts or Bimaculatas Anthias, or a group of 5 Pajama Cardnalfish. The Antias are more colorful and active, but seeing as I just took a $1200 bath and the Cardinals cost $10 each that decision might be made for me!
5.) I had gread success with my BTA, I think I am going to wait for a very good specimen of RBTA to become available and try to keep an anemone again.
6.) Clams. The day before I lost the tank I upgraded the bulbs in my fixture and I am ready to try a clam, probably a Crocea.

Thats off the top of my head, any suggestions from my fellow aqaurists?

Back
Top Bottom