The worlds largest aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPloman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Last night I saw this show on the Travel Channel. I dont watch TV much, mind you. This is so cool!!!

If you get a change to ever go to Valencia, Spain it is at the City of Arts and Sciences Park. They have a tank that is 6 Million Gallons!!! Can you imagine!?!?!

It just recenly opened and this travel channel show went through details of how they are trying to use pressure points on Sharks in order to capture and keep alive a Great White. This has never been done, in case you dont know.

I am still just amazed!

How bout those water changes and stocking of lr?!? Can you imagine? That must cost a fortune to run 24/7.

Mike

Think how thick that glass would have to be - I mean what if they got a slight crack! It would be fatal with that sort of pressure!

that travel channel episode is over a year old, but I still love to watch it. I cant imagine holding a sharks nose....

I saw it listed in the chanel lineup but didnt see it. So this was one massive aquarium or many smaller ones that where using a common water supply?

Hara,

That is so cool! I did not know that they had actually done it. I am just so impressed that they were able to do it. I wonder if they thought the Great White would not eat the other tank mates? They are preditors after all...

I didnt realize the show was that old. Man... I am really disappointed now. I have been in Europe since it opened and I didnt go! Shame on me! I will have to make a special trip now.

Back
Top Bottom