THEIR HATCHING!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brndfrb

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well as of last night about 20 of the 100 or so clown eggs hatched. As of this morning the rest of the clutch looks as if it is going to hatch tonight. WOW this is absolutely amazing. Now comes the hard part. Getting even one of them to survive. I will try to get some pictures tonight. But the larva are so small it is hard to focus on them.

WOOOOHOOOO

Well i have had the two clowns for 4 years now. And about 8 days ago i looked and there was a clutch of eggs. I am so excited.

You need to get them out of the tank and into a tank of their own or they will not last long. You also need some rotifers to feed them. Mine did this a while back but I was not prepared. It is a lot of work. Good luck with them.

I am trying to buy a pair to breed. What do you do with a hundred baby clown fish? Sell them?

Yep :D My lfs gives a $2-$20 credit for each SW fish sold back (either returns or babies). They have bought clowns from owners for $5 each and resells them for $15 . Not that all hundred usually survive but even selling back 20 gives you a quick $100.

it is very exciting. the larva are in a rearing tank. Only about 50 of the eggs hatched. I did my first rotifer feeding last night. Everything went great. I am sure not all of them will survive.

You know i will be happy if even one survives. That would be awesome for my first time.

Will try to get pictures but they are SOOOO small.

Back
Top Bottom