thermometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

copi

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've moved three digital thermometers to the same tank and found that they all give different readings of water temperature... up to a 2 degree difference... two of the three also read air temperature, and these are 3.5 degrees off. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a reliable, accurate thermometer? Also, what is reaslistic accuracy? +/- 1 maybe?

Thanks.

A degree or two isn’t going to affect the tank as long as whatever temp you keep it at remains stable and under 83. Personally I use the Coralife Digital Thermometer which hasn’t given me any trouble.

I have tried the digitals, but IMO nothing beat the good old glass thermoter for price, acuracy and realiability.

Agree though consitent Temp is more important than thermeter acuracy.

SeeDemTails said:
Micah...holy crap your alive!
My company kept sending me out of town for testing/training on a new software upgrade but we finally went "live" with the new version so I finally have time again for AA :)

I have a glass one also but I am seriously thinking about changing another type as I have read about people that theirs cracked or malfunctioned and the results were not pretty.

Back
Top Bottom