These Clownfish Are The Spawn Of Satan!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Really ready to throw these clowns out the window. At feeding time they eat their food but then go around the whole tank swimming into corals and taking their food and making them close up. They do this to torches, acans, frogspawn and have killed a duncan colony doing this. What can I do besides putting them in some flour and into the skillet lol

Is there anything I can do. I can feed the Acans at night cause that's when thier feeding tentacles really come out. But my torch and frogspawn and duncans close up.....

Is there anything I can do. I can feed the Acans at night cause that's when thier feeding tentacles really come out. But my torch and frogspawn and duncans close up.....

Depending on the size, cut a bottle in half (water bottle, pop bottle) and ensure its clean. Place it over the coral and feed into the bottle so nothing can pick at it. Bang!

I like the bottle idea, very nifty!

You can also fill two squirters like turkey basters, and squirt one on each end of the tank and keep em busy while the corals eat. lol I had to do this when I had a delicate copperbadn buttrerfly or else the tangs would take food outta his mouth. lol

I like the bottle idea, very nifty!

You can also fill two squirters like turkey basters, and squirt one on each end of the tank and keep em busy while the corals eat. lol I had to do this when I had a delicate copperbadn buttrerfly or else the tangs would take food outta his mouth. lol

I try that but once they are done on their end they are coming to the corals and digging their faces into the coral taking the mysis out.

Yes, the feeding is not needed but if you still wish to do so the bottle trick works well, for me anyhow. My female clown does the same thing. My Duncan doesn't mind her anymore but when I do feed it I use the top half of a bottle to isolate it.

Back
Top Bottom