They were right when they said Condylactis moved alot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today, I've spent the better part of the day watching my Anenome. He is on a piece of rock about.. I would say 8 to 12 inches long, and about the same wide.

He has performed 5 loops around this rock today as of yet, and is still going.

I can't believe he has moved so much in one day..

Yeah, I have 4 and they seem to stay in one place for up to a month or so and then get the urge to move all over. Then they settle back in for several weeks. I thought water quality, lighting, or food might have something to do with it, but I have not figured it out yet. It almost seems lihe "the grass is greener on the other side" syndrome and they just need to check it out once in awhile. Go figure. :?

He ended up moving nearly non-stop for 2 days straight, and settled not to far from his original position after all that moving.

Do you guys have any corals etc, I'm worried about one wondering the tank stinging everything.

Anenome Moving

I've got 2 BTA and one of the BTAs moves a lot. The other pretty much stays put. I wonder if it gets sensitive to the light, because he moves to the bottom of the tank, then after a few days he's back to the top of the LR again. I only have one clown (Tomato) and he two times. Recently I fed both at the same time. I gave them each a small piece of shrimp soaked in ZOE vitamin sup. The clown went to the Torch Coral for the night. Next morning he's back at it.

I think they do just fine moving around. I don't see any real logic to the movement. I have several LPS and shrooms, buttons, and leathers... None have been effected by the BTA's movements.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom