Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-11-2004, 02:04 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
The thing I can't get over is how much food they will eat. THey will literally eat until it is impossible for them to eat anymore!!!

I gotta be careful!

even my Barbs never ate like that!

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:09 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

My percs do the same thing. They sleep in the return flow of the skimmer. And my saddle back looks like someone is bouncing him in an elastic string.

Old 10-14-2004, 12:52 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

Clowns ALWAYS seem hungry. Whenever I lift the lid, they come right up and beg for food. Little piggies!
100lbs Live Rock
20g Refugium
(1) Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp
(1) Peppermint Shrimp
(2) False Percs
(1) Orchid Dottyback
(1) Lawnmower Blenny
(1) Flame Angel
(1) Spotted Mandarin
(1) Red Brittle Star
(1) Banded Serpent Star

"But then again, fish do tend to eat one another. I often wonder ... if fish get awfully tired of seafood? What are your thoughts Hobson?"
gear-head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 01:03 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

one of them was trying his best to eat my test tube the other day.
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Old 12-07-2004, 09:40 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Location: From the Chicago Burbs, stationed in Okinawa, Japan
Mine swim around together all day. When it's time for bed, they seperate and take opposite corners on the top of the tank. I thought they were dying on the first day I got them. I checked out my tank in the middle of the night, and I found them both wiggling sideways in their corners. I panicked and turned the lights on, and they just started swimming like normal. I guess that's how they like to sleep. I hope they will host a BTA when I get one.
Old 12-07-2004, 10:09 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

The first few days they slept together, now they are never together except the early mornings about 2 hours before lights on.

Old 12-15-2004, 02:26 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to Spiderman
yeah, clowns are crazy. i have 2 tank bred percs, and the smaller one, used to swim like it was crazy. after a couple of months, he still swims that way, but at night, he decided to sleep inside the vegetable clip i put inside the tank. that, plus, everytime i clean the tank and siphon the substrate, he pecks at my hand incessantly.

be prepared for some weird but adorable stuff like this with your clowns, man

2 clowns, a royal gramma, a clown goby, and a banggai cardinal
1 cleaner shrimp
blue, red, green crabs
nassarius, astrea, black turbo, margarita snails
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com