Thick cyano in sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maridia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know that many sumps house algae and cyano, as a means of keeping it out of your display. Also that cyano aids in keeping nitrates low. Should I try to clear some of this off my LR? Display has only a little.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425655192.408766.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think any cyano in a tank is bad thing.... Macro algae like cheato is the best to keep low nutrients... I'm not an expert, but I would clean thoses, try to prevent them to spread into the main...

With that much I would want to try an additional way of trying to export those nutrients. I'd be concerned about all the oxygen being used up by all that bacteria at some point.

Ah, time for the good ole bucket of saltwater and tooth brush. It had about this much 8 months ago, that's how I got rid of it.

I've read that cyanos likes dead spots, maybe you can add a powerhead to that part of the sump ? That's just an idea, but don't know if it's good...

Ya this is why he needs to replace that bacterias by photosynthetic thing, like macro algae, like cheato

Chaeto sounds like a good idea. I may give that a shot

I would say, cleand thoses cyanos out of the sump as you did there's 8 months, put some cheatos or fast growing plants/algaes. Happy to see this ideas seems chill.

Back
Top Bottom