Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-19-2004, 11:15 PM   #1
Moderator Emeritus

Thinking about a Flame Angel and Xenia/Anthelia Addition

Thinking about adding a Flame Angel and Xenia/Anthelia colony to my tank with my Yellow Tang, Lawnmower Blenny, and Condy. I'm also talking to a guy about a clove polyp frag locally, but I want to see what he's got first. He's a couple hours away, so I'm going to wait until after the baby comes.

Anyone have any possible problems with those additions?

Old 07-20-2004, 12:43 AM   #2
steve-s

Dwarf angels will typically look on Xenia like candy to a small child. If you do get the flame, be sure you have a place to house the Xenia or the angel temporarily. I have seen them devestate a colony in one day 8O

Cheers
Steve
Old 07-20-2004, 09:49 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
My flame doent bother my xenia grove at all. Bearfan, If xenia shipped worth a darn or if you was able to come down to the meet I would give you 15+ stalks. I got a LOAD of it. I just gave about that much away over the weekend and ill have that much grow back by the meet in a few weeks.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:48 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfreek
My flame doent bother my xenia grove at all. Bearfan, If xenia shipped worth a darn or if you was able to come down to the meet I would give you 15+ stalks. I got a LOAD of it. I just gave about that much away over the weekend and ill have that much grow back by the meet in a few weeks.
That's what I've heard, it grows like crazy, but my LFS is MORE than happy to buy frags back (availability up here) so I figure to make it all back. I think I'll probably go Xenia over Anthelia because I like the pulsing.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:58 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

The LFS here are charging $28-32 for xenia frags! I wanted one that pulsed so I bought one. It has moved rocks twice nad split once. Looks like it is about to split again.

I have a anthelia that is really nice to though I swear it has about 10-15 baby buds at its base. You should be happy either way.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:40 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to WarOrks15 Send a message via MSN to WarOrks15
i love the xenia to death but it grows so fast. i got mine for free becasue the lfs could not keep them alive in there tank. so they just gave it to me. now i cant kill it.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:11 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Thinking about a Flame Angel and Xenia/Anthelia Addition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfan
I'm also talking to a guy about a clove polyp frag locally, but I want to see what he's got first. He's a couple hours away, so I'm going to wait until after the baby comes.
Got it, pix in the gallery. Excuse the rubber band being used to attach it to a rock, it was just added the other day.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:37 PM   #8
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
I have a coral beauty and it doesn't touch my anthelia, even tho I wish it would cause the anthelia is growing like weeds.
Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 12:18 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Nice Coral. What are the lighting requirements? I'm sure my Maculosus would have a buffet with it though.
Old 08-14-2004, 03:09 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

no problems with my coral beauty and flame angel in my tank with pulsing xenia. hopefully you'll be fine too!!

72 gal bow front. cpr dual bak pak skimmer, 20 gal sump, approx 85lbs LR, 260watt power compact, two moonlight leds, (2)65w actinic, (2)65w 10k, 2 fire shrimp, 47 hermit crabs, 80 snails, peppermint shrimp, yellow tang, flame angel, 2 Oce clownfish, lawnmower blenny, coral beauty angel, lyretail anthias, 3 feather dusters, magnificent anemone, candy coral, yellow cucumber, 2 pulsing xenia, torch coral, mushrooms, condy anemone
SALTY72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angel, anthelia, flame, flame angel, xenia

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com