Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-21-2010, 11:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Cool Thinking about a jellyfish tank

Just curious, has anyone ever thought about or actually purchased a jelly to take care of? I am amazed by the Moon Jellys beauty and thought it would be nice if my marine / reef aquarium inhabitants could co-exist. If so the tank would be so beautiful! I have a 55Gallon tank with 3 chromis, 1 blue hippo tang, and a clown. Im really thinking about it but want to gather information first to make sure whether i can or cant do it.

mmaglione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
is back to save the day!

I would advise against it.. They generally die off in our aquariums as our tank just can't support jellyfish habits. I remember a while back liveaquaria was selling a jellyfish but they removed it for obvious reasons. They are definitely NOT for beginners because they are extremely hard to keep in home aquariums and should be left to expert hobbyists.

Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:06 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
They have to have low water flow and very little in the tank. They also have a specific diet. I think they have to be kept alone and with other jellies. Usually in tanks with no corners so they cant get stuck. So to answer your question, no I don't think you should add it to your tank. If you wanted one real bad you could get a specific tank for it and have a go.
Bige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus
Perform a Search' on this site, I've touched on jelly aquariums before. I advise against it unless you are willing to dedicate your time to them.
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com