Thinking about a Sea Swirl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acid_burn

Aquarium Advice Activist
Currently in my 120 I am using 2xRio 800's for my water movement plus my Mag 18 return(choked way down). I dont see very much movement at all in any of my corals: frogspawn, hammer, xenia, bubble, goniopora, brain, leathers, zoo's, and a colt. I'm looking to stick with mostly softies and LPS for now, maybe a acro frag or two in the near future poss. a monti cap.

I am interested in a 1/2 Sea Swirl with a Mag 9.5 or poss. a bigger ph to drive 2 swirls in the future, and just use a ball valve to choke it down.

Would this be a good idea? Also I have an acrylic tank that is not drilled for a cl. So would I need to plumb it so water would be pulled out of the top of the tank through the ph and back into the tank?

And do Sea Swirls mount to acrylic tanks?

Thanks,
Rich

If you get a Sea swirl get the 3/4 model you will like it more than the 1/2 ! The 1/2 can only flow 550gph max and the 3/4 can handle 850!

You can have a special acyrlic bracket ordered for the Sea swirls i forget how much they are of the top of my head. I think around $30.

Thanks Darin, A 3/4 would be better but those things are a little pricey 8O

Can anyone touch a little on how I would plumb it in on a tank that is not pre drilled?

Anyone ever do a closed loop on an acrylic without drilling??

Thanks,
Rich

Back
Top Bottom