Thinking about adding second clown again...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beej1254

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I tried this once in the beginning of my SW tank. It's actually what brought me to this forum. Back then I had a single clay pot as the only form of shelter in my tank because I didn't have rock yet. (yeah..terrible)

Now my tank isn't exactly full of all the rock but I have much more shelter for a second clown to hide in if he needs to. But I'm curious if anyone else has any other tips on trying this? I'd like to have a pair of fish rather then just a single of a few different ones but I don't want anymore fatalities. I have an Ocellaris clown in my tank now who basically just stays in his anemone.

Thankfully my LFS is letting me try out pairing with an Ocellaris for 2 days in my tank. I'm not sure if this is enough time to really see anything or it may be more then plenty but I know for sure I'm going to do this on my weekend off so I can watch very carefully. I'm not trying to repeat my past mistake.

Alright thanks for the help.

Can you offer any info if I decide to go with another Mccosker Wrasse instead? The one I currently have is growing nicely and is very beautiful and active but I'd love to have another.

Alright thanks for the help.

Can you offer any info if I decide to go with another Mccosker Wrasse instead? The one I currently have is growing nicely and is very beautiful and active but I'd love to have another.

I'd get a female or 2 so he'll flash

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ok so last night I bought a black Ocellaris clownfish to add to my Ocellaris already living in the tank. I drip acclimated him for 2 hours then placed the new one on the opposite side of the tank while the lights were low. He quickly started exploring and found the other clown. The Black Ocellaris is considerably smaller and I didn't notice any sort of aggression at all last night from my older one and they are sharing the anemone now.

Fast forward to now at feeding time and everything still looks good. Both clowns are eating and appear to be doing well but the new guys underside fins are frayed. When I'm watching things seem to always go well. I'm hoping when I leave today I don't come home to a dead clown.

Everything seems to be going well at this point. The smaller clowns fins have healed up nicely and they are both always close to each other. I still haven't witnessed any aggression or signs of stress. Both are hosting the same anemone and eating well.

Back
Top Bottom