Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-28-2003, 06:21 PM   #11
Originally Posted by douggiestyle
what about condys? do they have symbiotic relationships or are they just fish killers?
They will not readily host fish but it has been known to happen. I would not gear towards that though. On the otherhand, anemone shrimp and porcelain crabs will inhabit these anemones. Haitians would be a better choice than the atlantic species of condylactis though.

also is there someplace to gain info on different species using the web?
Basically google searchs with the latin name would yield the best results. I find more often than not specific info can be quite conflicting but "general" care is usually fairly accurate...

Old 12-28-2003, 06:24 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
will the other fish in the tank leave anemones alone or is there danger of them getting eaten?

Want stats on tank? check my profile.

Peppermint Shrimp:
Crush two tbs minced mint leaves (no stems) with the juice of two limes, two tbs of sugar and a shot of light rum. Marinade eight cleaned jumbo shrimp for two hours in fridge or overnight (overnight is best). Skewer and salt shrimp. Broil or grill over medium high heat until shrimp become opaque (apx. two and a half min per side). Serve with black beans cooked with garlic, green onions, bacon and topped with a slice of lime.
douggiestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 06:31 PM   #13
Depends on the fish and anemone. In general though both will be safe unless the fish is a risk taker stealing food. Anemone's are opportunistic feeders and will grab anything that wanders into their scope of influence. Not much different than a spiders web really. Aggressive non reef friendly fish should not be housed with any type of anemone. They will easily damage the anemone trying to snack on it or get themselves stung at the very least.

I have a Haitian in my 27 with a sharknose goby, strawberry dotty and TR true perc. All well and happy.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com