Thinking about breeding G.S. maroon clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eenamedfluffy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anybody successfull in breeding gold striped maroons clowns and how ?

Breeding maroon clownfish to begin with is a real challenge. This species is one of the more aggressive clowns so keeping a pair would not be easy.

Well I know where to get a for sure pair from my lfs they just got them in but I just don't know anything about breeding them

My LFS has a pair of Clowns and I've asked about how they breed them. I was told the fry are so difficult to catch and keep out of the filter that she doesn't even try anymore. Good luck, from what I've been told it's very difficult.

My LFS told me you have to wait until the eggs turn a gray color then that night when the lights go out you have to sit there and watch until they hatch, while they hatch you have to syphon them out with airline tubing into your fry tank. You have to feed the fry live rotifiers for a week and a half then live brine shrimp for a few weeks. Both foods have to be bread in different tanks. They told me this after i had my pair in my tank...lol

I know a successful clownfish breeder near me. He does maroons and says they are one of the harder to breed. It can be done though! He keeps them in bare bottom 10gal with a simple clay pot, maybe some algae for shelter. Feeds a high protein high fat diet, water changes every day. Always has fry in rotation, from eggs tumbling, to 1.5" ready to sell. I can't even get my ORA dominos (A. ocellaris) to breed :( ha

Back
Top Bottom