Thinking about doing a salt tank ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good hob filter and a powerhead will get you and keep you going just fine. 3-5 gal water change every week will keep nitrates low. Looking to save money buy a decent light and hob filter penguin bio wheel or aquaeon rate larger than 10gallons maybe 30 gal rating and you will be good.

exactly, i would reccommend a topfin 30, rated for 30g and is about $26.99, and cartidges are simple to swap out, i had one that kept a 20g fw clear for months at a time,

I have an aqueon 50-75 gallon filter that I used for a month before I got a canister for my fresh tank . Could I use that or would that be too much ?

it might be a little too much overkill, i have a topfin 75 on my bedroom 29g sw futur reef and the currents so strong my clowns are usually on the sides and try not to cross it lol

Would it almost be cheaper to find a sale on the coralife biocube 14? And then I would have the sump area in the back to run things . I deffinitly want to run a skimmer with everything else ? But cost wise wouldn't it be about the same ? I already have the heater, the filter is the back , and I could run a skimmer ? And the light comes with the tank ?

i think you should wait for the petco $1/gal sale i think its coming around again soon, and pick up a 20g high or a 20g long and you'll enjoy it more plus you can use that aqueon 50/75 on it, with a hob fuge and skimmer and you'll be set, plus its kind of hard to get good reef lighting for a 10g tank, most good lights are around 24" wide.

Back
Top Bottom