Thinking Of a 50 Gallon skimmerless...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 50 gallon aquarium from petsmart. It's been running for 3 months now and I cycled it with Bio Spira and a moth later Dr. Tim's one and only to make sure I have enough bacteria. I have 60 pounds of Cured live rock from Premium aquatics and 60 pounds of live sand. Currently using 2 fluval 306 with just the sponges, ALOT of Seachem Purigen, Chemi Pur, Rowa-Phos and Carbon. 2 Tunze power heads & I have No Algae at all. right now just 15 hermits and 2 Perc Clowns. If I do 10% water change every week do I really need a skimmer. I don't see paying $200 on a skimmer if my parameters are all spot on right now. This tank will have mostly Soft corals any way. Should I get a skimmer or am I ok? And I'm about to re aquascape for the 4th time lol

Attachments

• IMG234.jpg
    IMG234.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 95
I think a high grade skimmer is definitely worth it in the long run. It will make your life easier.... I learned the hard way that a good skimmer makes all the difference in my 46. What your suggesting is possible but not necessarily sustainable especially if you plan on increasing the bio load in the system.

Back
Top Bottom