Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-04-2007, 02:21 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Thinking of juming to MH? Do it!

Yesterday I fitted a 250w MH with 2 29w T5 blues over my tank.

WOW, what a difference it has made! Everything, and I mean everything has improved! Polyp extension on all long polyp corals. My BTA looks liek its gonna explode its tips are so inflated. The live rocks are showing more life and colour. The fish seem more vibrant and happy. When you turn out the MH the tank throws out even more life than usual!

If you are considering the jump to MH, do it. I am sooo chuffed with whats happened in my tank. I would never have thought it would make the difference it has.

For all you guys in Europe. I got mine off a guy on Ebay. He is German but I cant remember his name. Search for "Real Light Halide". Incredibly cheap. I got a 2ft pendant with hanging kit, 250w Halide and 2x T5 blues for £195. Fantastic. BTW this is not an advert, I dont know the seller but thought the info would help those guys (like me) who have not got cash to burn

Snotman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:15 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
Wow that is a lot of light for that tank! That just goes to show that you can have a lot of light on a tank and have things look great. Did you start out with only a couple of hours a day and work your lighting schedule up? You should becareful of running that light for long periods to start out. The tank and your critters need to get used to it, also you could end up with and algae bloom from the change in lighting....Just my thoughts....Post some pics, would love to see the tank!

Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:38 AM   #3
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Mh`s are good lights. I`m glad you like them. As Ziggy said make sure you acclimate your tank to your lights. A few pics with the new lights might be good.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com