Thinking of new editions for the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

louherz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all,

I am, finally getting rid of my Dragon Wrasse. This was one of my first fish. I didn't research at all before bought it and trust me I learned my lesson. I am going to trade it back to the Fish store I bought it from for the price I bought it at, good deal. I was thinking about putting a Yellow Gorgonian and a couple of black nudibranchs in my tank. I have a 62 gallon reef tank. I have a 36" power compact light system with moonlight. Do you think this is a good addition or should I be aware of anything.

Also, One more question. What kind of epoxy or superglue is good for attaching polyps and the gorgonian to live rock? and how do I do it?

any superglue GEL will work.

I dont know much about black nudibranch, but most nudis have a very specific diet that might be hard to fulfill. Im sure someone with experience will answer.

As far as the gorgonian, they require frequent spot feeding and can be difficult to keep. Im to lazy spot feed them everyday, but if your up for it then get one. They are beautiful.

louherz said:
I was thinking about putting a Yellow Gorgonian and a couple of black nudibranchs in my tank. I have a 62 gallon reef tank. I have a 36" power compact light system with moonlight. Do you think this is a good addition or should I be aware of anything.
The gorg sounds like it might be a non-photosynthetic type which means it will require regular feedings to do well. Typically white polyped gorgs are filter feeders. The nudibrancs are not a wise purchase unless you know the exact species. Most (if not all) have specialized diets that we can rarely provide for properly.

Also, One more question. What kind of epoxy or superglue is good for attaching polyps and the gorgonian to live rock? and how do I do it?
Epoxy puddy is good. You should be able to find it at the LFS. With the glue, you can get that at any hardware store for a reasonable price. Just be sure it is super glue gel and contains cyanoacrylate in the content list. That will mean it will not harm the corals.

If the gorg comes unattached, be sure you clean the area to be fragged to remove the "flesh" from the stock or it will necros and become loose. Like >>this<<.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom