Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-12-2004, 09:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to Brisc0
Thinking of trying Oceanic salt

Hey everyone, just wanted some input from all of you that care to give it to me. I know that we had a large 7 page thread about oceanic recently, but it was more associated with the cost rather than performance. I currently use Reef Crystals and will need a new bucket next week. Whats the word on oceanic now that the hype is fading out?
Supposing I do switch, do I just do my 10% weekly changes like normal only with the new salt, or do I need to do it in smaller quantities?

Your input is always appreciated.

-105G SPS Reef with 30G Sump/Fuge Combo
-30G LTAnemonarium with mated porcelain crabs, 10 sexy shrimp, and 2 pink skunks all tied into the other 135G in my system.
Brisc0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 10:49 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

I switched from IO (to Oceanic) just to try a bucket, I just switched right over and everything seemed to like it, it also dissolves very fast which is nice. I have no problem with IO either. But it seems like with every salt you have to adjust the alk and ca and stuff after you do a water change any way no matter what hehe

Old 05-12-2004, 11:46 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to brndfrb
I love oceanic salt, I don't think i will use anything else unless something better comes out of course.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:54 PM   #4

Oceanic salt rules! Best salt that i have ever used!
Old 05-13-2004, 12:35 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to brndfrb
darin what do you charge for a 200gallon bucket of oceanic shipped. or even the 90 or 50 to this zip 46122
Old 05-13-2004, 12:43 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
I am brand new to this, but I found Oceanic Salt to be very nice and also very quick disolving. (not to mention very nicely priced.) my only complaint is that you must add more salt then recommended on the tub to reach a proper SG of 1.025. ( but this is mainly a newbie problem. most all companies give instructions for lower SG's.)
Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 03:34 AM   #7
cj10488

I love Oceanic Salt as well. I personally think its the best salt there ever was as well..

James

Tags
oceanic, salt

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com