This applies to the uk, Aqua reef 300 reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick862

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, I currently have a custom built tank made by my self. I currently need to upgrade my sump and cabinet, in all it will cost me £250 plus bits and bobs. My friend is selling his Aqua reef 300. Has all equipment but one door has been melted by a heater that was put to close.

On my current tank I have LEDs hanging, where as the Aqua reef has a hood with t5, does any one know if the t5 can be removed or upgraded?

The overflow and return concerns me because a single stand pipe has a flow rating of ex amount, not sure wat the figures are but I tried the single overflow stand pipe on my tank when I was building it, I had terrible noise problems as I needed 3500lp of flow and the single pipe couldn't handle it.
I then turned to the duel stand pipes called the herbie method, this works on a siphon so can handle almost any flow rate without any noise.

Has anyone had any experience with the Aqua reef 300? How is the set up and noise as my tank sits next to me in my living room.
Also it uses bio balls, mixed reviews on the use of these, I have always used live rock and sands, is this something that can be rearranged? Thanks guys
Edited by Nick862, Today, 07:41 PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Iv got the Aqua one 400 and I think it's pretty quiet compared to my last tank. I got rid of the t5s and put LEDs hung from the ceiling. Bio balls where removed straight away and live rock rubble and a filter sock where added. If you contact Aqua one direct they will send a new door. There customer service is amazing. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom