This is insane!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackett91

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright so had my tank for about a week now. Have a few fish a star and a couple emerald crabs (came with my live rock). Sooo there happened to be a 2 inch clam in one of my live rocks. Didn't think anything of it. All of a sudden the crab is eating him. So I'm like crap clams dead let me get him out. After I pulled the dead clam out I notice my cardinal has a fin completely missing. So I figure the two crabs were fighting over the dead clam for a minute maybe he got nipped. But it's clean off so something tore it. Now I'm sitting here watching all the fish in my tank is around the cardinal(like for support). And they are taking turns taunting this crab with there tails. One by one. It's the craziest thing I've seen in my life.(trying to get them out because they are dangerously close). Other than trying to get this crab out which is near impossible to get at the moment. Any advice? Has anyone seen something this wild before? Picture attached.

Image1491544194.115525.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in an LFS once and the guy had a bunch of discuss and angels in a tank. I remember seeing this one sickly angel being taunted by a few others. His fins were clamped and it was very stressed. I then saw like two discuss swoop in and chase the taunting angels away. When the angels tried to return it seemed almost 2/3rds of the discuss in that tank started circling the stressed angel keeping the taunters away.

Fish are some funny creatures, for what little they seem to grasp they do have personality

Back
Top Bottom