This is just a little somethin that i would like to share.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kohan Bros.

Aquarium Advice Freak
When my family got our new order of fish from liveaquaria.com we wanted to drip acclimate them. The only problem was that it was very hard to control the knots in the air line tubing we were trying to use to drip acclimate with. So me my brother and Dad were thinking and while my Dad was watching some hospital show he got the idea of using an IV thing that controls how many Onces or milliliters were going through the IV. So we were able to get our hands on one, and i must say the IV controller thing is one of the best, easiest things to use to drip the water at a nice slow rate. Now we dont have to worry about knots.

I really hope this helps because it sure helped my family's tank.
:D

im pretty sure alot of people use the medical drips for their kalk too :? i could be wrong...but ive seen people on ebay sell them for this purpose

I found an airline splitter at the LFS that has one input on the input side and then 3 outputs on the other side. There are 3 valves on the outputs that allow me to control the flow rate. I am now able to drip at a controlled rate, dripping up to 3 different buckets at the same time (fish/inverts/corals). It works great too (and might be easier to get your hands on).

http://www.futurepets.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM=HAA1178

I have been using IV tubing for a while for my drip acclimations. I am a paramedic and have easy access to it. It is great idea.

Yep. Little green airline splitters at the LFS work extrememly well. I can very easily control the drip rate. No knots to try to get out later. Have had a tuff time with some of those knots.

Well ive been on these forums for almost a year now, and i have never seen a post about how to make drips easier. I just have seen that a lot of people use the drip method.

I use a single airline valve to control my drip. I guess I always assumed that's what other people did, so I never brought it up.

uhhh beer making equipment. (sterilized of course) Had the racking cane with a slip crimp on the tube to compress the tube to control the flow.

I put a 1/4" valve from wal mart on the end of the 1/4" tubing. Works guud. You can find em at wally world in the garden section where they sell hoses and such.

im definately gonna be doing the drip method when i get my first live stock

Back
Top Bottom