This is my last go at BTAs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have the same kind of lights as you do and when I got my RBTA it was hiding too and it look a while for him to get used to the lights. These lights are capable of having a nem even on the sand thats 20" deep

Day 6 I believe. Now the nem is on the top. We shall see how long this last.

image-410762572.jpg

image-3853012902.jpg

Well he moved up there this morning and has stayed there all day today. I guess I'll see if he stays there tonight. Fingers crossed

Cover the power heads so he can't climb in. It will move till it finds the right spot. I am going to put mine in first before i add any corals and let him find the spot and go from there. My nem before i rebuilt my tank moved for a week at night. Once he found his spot didn't move for 6 years

These fixtures are stronger than people think. It will take time for it to acclimate. You may even want to diffuse some of the light for a bit.

I totally agree that they are strong. My problem is when I dim them down I don't know how dim to put them. I don't want acros to start suffering but at the same time my zoos seem to hate the high intensity and my coraline is white. I can't find a happy median.

Ok so another update on the RBTA. He settled down into an awesome spot. I can't believe it. Yay!!! But what crap few days I had with the tank. Ended up rescaping the whole tank trying to catch a potters angel going nuts on corals. Almost had the last rock out before I got him grrrr!!!! That's the last time I get any angel. I always seem to get the ones that destroy coral no matter how much I feed them. But anyways here is the nem in all his glory.

image-6733020.jpg

Yea I spent like two hours today mapping out and gluing my frags back in place. Now to wait for everything to get happy again.

Update on the nem. So here we are 4 months later and he was hanging in that spot the whole 3 months cool!! Now we are going in vacation on Sunday for a week and it decides in the last 3 days to start moving again. Already stung some corals at night in the process of moving. So now I got to figure out what to do with it while I'm gone.

Yea I was thinking about putting it in a tupperware with a bunch of holes in it and some rock in it. It will be like a jail cell but I can't risk me gone for a week and coming home to an obliterated tank.

Not much flow in that scenario. It's your responsibility to take care of the creatures you keep. I would figure out why it keeps moving instead of making it stay put in a less than ideal environment.

If you have the proper tank conditions, water conditions, flow and lighting, nems are care free, they just go about what they do, basking in the light and gently being tossed about, :)

Not much flow in that scenario. It's your responsibility to take care of the creatures you keep. I would figure out why it keeps moving instead of making it stay put in a less than ideal environment.

I honestly can't figure out why. Like I said it was fine for 3 months in the relative same spot, then all of a sudden it started moving. I tried asking it what it's problem was but it didn't answer. The only new thing I have done to the tank is add an ATO. and my salinity seems to stay constant at 1.25. The tank looks pristine and I do weekly water changes. I tried cutting power-heads, I fed it some mysis once a week , don't act like I don't care. My only question is what shall I do the one week in a year I need to go out of town and can't baby sit it to make sure (why)its moving. I love it and so does the clown that hosts it. It's either flow or light?? All of a sudden. My lfs always says I wish I had water as clean as yours.

One word to explain why.....anemones. They are like a kid they get bored sometimes and want to move around. I've never had one stay put very long but I use vortechs in my tank so my flow is never the same day to day

Back
Top Bottom