It's been awhile since I've posted, thought I would give a quick Thomas update.
He's doing fine! Here's a quick summary:
1. He is hand fed.
2. Weaned onto frozen foods (uncooked fresh shrimp, mussels, squid, clams, etc)
3. He's never tried to escape, not even once.
4. He sometimes squirts water at the top of the tank to get my attention.
5. Not quite sure of his age, since he was older when I picked him up from OctoPets. However, I've had him for over 4 months now, so I'm guessing he's 7 months old.
6. I'm experimenting with a Peppermint Shrimp now to get rid of those pesky aiptasias. So far he hasn't eaten him. And I have actually seen the shrimp eat an aiptasia with my own eyes, so I'm glad I got a REAL Peppermint Shrimp and not a look-a-like. I plan on picking up another one today.
7. Picking up another piece of live rock today to fill in the left side of the tank.
8. Even though there's a nice vase, PVC
tube, and pirate treasure chest, Thomas still prefers his own den at the back right of the tank.
9. I have about 4 snails in the tank that he leaves alone. But put 1 hermit crab in there and it won't last the night!
Current Setup Stats:
30 Gallon Eclipse Tall (carbon/bio-wheel/flourescent lighting)
60 Gallon-rated Berlin-type protein skimmer
30+ lbs of live rock
1 Peppermint Shrimp
1 Bimac Octopus