those of you w/ tanks in ur bedroom...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TRDfan

Aquarium Advice Freak
do you guys have any issue with mold getting into ur clothes, sheets, comforters....ect?? im setting up a 29g in my bedroom and was wondering if running a dehumidifier a good idea or not :confused:

Well i guess it depends on how big your tank is.. I ran a 10 gallon in my room for a long time and i never had a problem. I will have a 30 gallon replace the 10 gallon in a few weeks

I too had a 10g in the room but I just moved it to the living room today and put a 29g in its place

I have a freshwater 40 gallon and saltwater 24 gallon in my room and I've never had a problem. But my door is almost always open and I usually have a fan going

I have had a 5 gal freshwater and a 20 gal brackish tank in my bedroom for about a year now, and as a kid I had a 10 gal in my room for years, and I've never had any problems with mold. Just occasional spills during water changes!

I had a 55g FW in my room and had no issues whatsoever. That was when I lived in Columbia, SC, and it's already 80%+ humidity for most of the year.

I have a 60gal reef tank with "open top" and a 20 gal open top sump, and I have not seen any thing. I would think there would be less humidity from a tank then a hot sticky day in the summer.

I have a 60gal reef tank with "open top" and a 20 gal open top sump, and I have not seen any thing. I would think there would be less humidity from a tank then a hot sticky day in the summer.
Depending on size ...When I upgraded i noticed moisture collecting on my windows..I covered the tank and it stopped ...What you have to remember is ,,people in the south either have open windows or central air (which is a giant dehumidifier) ,,up north in the winter everything is sealed up...Nowhere for that extra moisture to go,,so it finds places,,windows ,ceiling or cool closets and corners

So i think you'll have to try it out and see

Jealous of all of you - if I ever tried to put a tank in my bedroom my wife would shoot me. The trickle sound, even coming from our den, makes her nuts sometimes - can't imagine the **** I'd catch if I put it upstairs :p

Lol that's funny my exam wife is living on my couch right now so I put in a sponge filter and an air stone just to its more annoying for her Lol shhhh

We have a 10 gallon in my daughter's room, and there is mold on the bottom edge of the curtain, but it's practically hanging in the tank. It's actually touching the lid.

I have a corner 30gallon in my room it's absolutely fine it there

Thanks for your comments every1. gives me abit of assurance

people in the south either have open windows or central air (which is a giant dehumidifier) ,,up north in the winter everything is sealed up...Nowhere for that extra moisture to go,,so it finds places,,windows ,ceiling or cool closets and corners

So i think you'll have to try it out and see

THis is my exact thoughts :ermm:

I have 4 tanks soon to be 9 with no problems and its been over 5 years. Here are the sizes.
75g FW
33g FW
33g FW
20g FW

Soon to be.
55g SW
29g SW
20g SW
10g SW
10g SW

I have never had any problems and there isn't normally a fan and the door is closed half the day.

Back
Top Bottom