Those using AI lights and new controller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breakthecycle2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I need some advice on setting up the timer. I am using Hydra's, but I assume they are basically the same.

1. For those with 40 gallons or less, what percentages are you using for each color? know it depends on the look you want, but I am just curious.

2. What ramp time are you using?

3. Are you using "moonlight", lunar cycle, or both? What percentages?

I have AI's Vega. I had my whites at 60% and bith blues at 90%. The controller has a setting for coral acclimation, which ramps it up at about 30% per week for 3-4 weeks or as long as you want to ramp. I noticed that my war coral on the bottom was still starting to bleach, so I now have my whites at 40% max for awhile. Even at 40, those lights are brighter than the T5 ATIs I had.

What size are your tanks?

I have two IM NUvo 38. The lights sit six inches off the tank. I have the settings at:

White - 18%
Red - 10%
Green - 10%
all the blues and UV at 34%.

I am running Hydra's.

I previously was running Kessil a30w and my corals were bleaching. No matter how low I kept them, they just seemed to be over powering. There's no digital controller on those, just a knob. I am trying to determine if putting the whites up more would be too much.

I previously was running Kessil a30w and my corals were bleaching. No matter how low I kept them, they just seemed to be over powering. There's no digital controller on those, just a knob. I am trying to determine if putting the whites up more would be too much.

Most times it's the whites that bleach them but are you sure it's the light cause you said you moved it and still was getting bleach. This is my setup. With the Ai and t5.

image-1659161683.jpg

I was having an ALK and phosphate problem, but it's my understanding that doesn't cause bleaching. I also had the lights on for about 9 hours a day. Since I bought the AI's, the lights go on at 11:15 with a ramp time of one hour. The start to ramp down now at 6:30. The biggest issue (aside from the bleaching) is, I have the lunar cycle on, but then the lights stay on all night.

I was having an ALK and phosphate problem, but it's my understanding that doesn't cause bleaching. I also had the lights on for about 9 hours a day. Since I bought the AI's, the lights go on at 11:15 with a ramp time of one hour. The start to ramp down now at 6:30. The biggest issue (aside from the bleaching) is, I have the lunar cycle on, but then the lights stay on all night.

First who told you that bad alk don't bleach and that bad amounts of phosphate don't kill corals they do. My lunar don't stay on all night I'm using the calendar on apex

Back
Top Bottom