Thought I'd share a home made food mush story...............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XXFirefighter

Aquarium Advice Addict
When I bought my 6 Chromis I asked what I should feed them. LFS gal gave me "gumdrops" half greenies and half meaties. I was told to feed every other day, switch back between the 2. Well first feeding I went green, they hated it... So 2 days later, I went meat gumdrop, hated that too ! So now what? Flakes for them? I did TONS of homework and found a receipe for home made mush food ! Here's what I added....

6 large shrimp, shell and all, they were already deveined...
small handfull of scallops
2 large oysters, they were in a glass jar, 2 ingredients, oysters and water, could not find "Fresh"
a small piece of tuna steak mahi...
2 sheets of dried seaweed,untoaded
and a teaspoon of minced garlic, the only other ingrident was cirtic acid, figired it's natural so lets try it...

Added 1/2 cup of tank water to the wifes new Kitchen aid blender and let it get to MUSH ! Out came the cookie sheet with saran wrap across it. I took a teaspoon and made small "piles" of this mixture on the sheet. I FILLED the cookie sheet and still had lots of food left over.

I then decided it was time for a taste test. They LOVED IT !

So In went the tray to the freezer, 3 hours later, frozen food chips, into the tupperwear they went and I now have at LEAST 3 months of food for under 10 bucks ! Next time I will add some fish vitamins and maybe 1 sheet of nori and some spiniach...

Thought I'd share it !
Rich

Cool! I made some mush similiar but a little more basic than that a few months back, and my fish/inverts go stark raving bananas over it. The garlic helps the immune systems of the critters too.

Good job!!!

Re: Thought I'd share a home made food mush story...........

XXFirefighter said:
Added 1/2 cup of tank water to the wifes new Kitchen aid blender
Rich
8O our blender mush has it's own little blender

Back
Top Bottom