Thoughts on major moves in my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsdad

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm about to do some major shifting of personnel and rock (90 lbs) in my 75g tank. New yellow eye kole and orchid dottyback out of QT, while the bad boy yellow tang (same size as the kole) goes back to QT, foxface rabbitfish back to LFS, and rocks get moved around - so that when the yellow comes back 3 weeks later, maybe he won't think of it as his established home any more and play nice with the yellow eye kole.

Just lost one of my two sand sifting stars and won't replace him. Got a grayish brittle who stays in the rock and the green brittle who's pretty much out, around and very visible. I've heard of some who say the green may get aggressive one day, so I'm thinking about him returning to the LFS too. His body is almost the size of a quarter right now.

Any thoughts or suggestions about the plans? From how the fish might get along to the brittle star? What might be a good replacement for the green brittle?I'd like something that would also be out and seen, yet not potentially a problem for my little fish and shrimps.

I know I'm gonna stir up quite a bit of stuff of the rocks and bottom too. Should I do a water change in the middle of all this or wait 'til everybody settles down in a couple of days?

Changing LR around is a good Idea for the reasons you stated. I'm not an expert on brittle stars so I can't help much there. IMO they could be a threat to small fish from what Ive heard about them, I know guys who have them a like them alot.
How about a blue linkia star instead? You have plenty of LR for a linkia, How old is the tank? They require a mature tank with a lot of LR because the feed of a type of bacteria in the tank. If you get one make sure the LFS and you don't touch them because the oils from your skin can kill the star... I have had one for over a year now and it is a great star.
Water change after your done would be a good idea.

OK. The blue linkia is out. Too big for one. Difficult care level too. Thinking more about a marble or orange.

Anyway, still looking for any input on the moves and the green brittle.

Back
Top Bottom