Thoughts on marine betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AbsoluteFaye

Aquarium Advice Addict
My lfs has a captive small marina betta (like 2 inches) for sale. It's eating brine shrimp with ease. I know the wild caught ones can be hard to keep for feeding issues... Anyone have any insite or has anyone owned a captive bred? I'm considering picking him up as my last fish. I have:

Scooter blenny
2 occelaris clowns
Foxface
Pj cardinal
Firefish
Coral beauty

My tank is 75 gallons. All my fish are small except the fox face is about 3.5 inches. Live aquaria says my tank size is ok. Just wanted input from personal experience! Thanks!

I love them! Grant and Jack have one here on the forum in there tank. They love the it, If I remember correctly it hides a lot. They have a few videos of there tank. Are you familiar with them? If not I'll link you there thread.

I REALLY want a marine betta, I have an lfs kind of close to me that has an adult, my buddy who works there has been babying it, I have hand fed it- they are big and solitary, though, and I think my hubby is pretty sick of my "species only" addiction and why I have decent sized tanks with one fish or "a bunch of rocks and sand with some snails and a disappearing shrimp". Would love to see pictures if you do wind up getting him or her.

That was suppose to say though not thigh btw...

Here's one video but its the fellas YouTube channel

Holy cow! That's a nice tank!!!! I gotta see how big the marine betta is when I go tomorrow but if he's too small I'm not gonna chance it. Don't wanna feel guilty for accidentally killing a baby fish! But I'm really excited now that I see his. Also that goby is really cool!

Holy cow! That's a nice tank!!!! I gotta see how big the marine betta is when I go tomorrow but if he's too small I'm not gonna chance it. Don't wanna feel guilty for accidentally killing a baby fish! But I'm really excited now that I see his. Also that goby is really cool!

Yeah they have some awesome fish. It has an amazing stock!

Headed out in a bit to go check him out. If he's bigger than my clowns ill buy him. Just worried that he's seriously small. My friend works there and told me he had one so I haven't seen him in person. I'll probably end up buying corals too. I have an addiction..... Lol.

Headed out in a bit to go check him out. If he's bigger than my clowns ill buy him. Just worried that he's seriously small. My friend works there and told me he had one so I haven't seen him in person. I'll probably end up buying corals too. I have an addiction..... Lol.

Standing by......

:)

Boooooo!!!! He was so tiny they had him in with seahorses. On sale for $35 because he's just too tiny. He was maybe an inch. Didn't want to chance him in my tank. I'm sure he could've hidden well but then I wouldn't be able to tell if he was eating and I was too worried with the power heads. But (like I said I would) I got a bright orange ricordia. It's acclimating now. I'm going to still look for a marine betta but I doubt I'll find a captive bred one.

They have captive bred ones? I'll have to check it out. Thx! Here's the ricordia I bought. Not a betta but still satisfying to my addiction. :)

Attachments

• image-547775210.jpg
    image-547775210.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 121
Buy it and mail it to me!!! Lol. I looked them up. Not captive bred. But if they are eating then I'd get them. I have a credit with bluezoo. I might see if I can possibly call them. Dunno if I'd have luck getting through to someone who knew though. My birthday is Wednesday so maybe i will call. :)

Back
Top Bottom