tiger conch pooping too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
i only have 1 tiger conch in my 20 long, and all this time i never saw him. I would maybe see him once or twice a week, but my tank is very dirty with 'sand' every week. I finally came to the conclusion it was all done by him, the snail i never see, has poop all over my rocks, mainly the ones in the back that i cant really reach to clean.

The worst is my powerhead, it gets so dirty i have to take it out to clean once a week. I think i never noticed all this poop because i had more clean up crew(recently a huge skunk shrimp + super tonga nassarius died). Now that the poop is basically mounds of sand everywhere, what can i get to clean it up? more crabs? i only have 1 or 2 crabs, i had 5 from a year ago but they all gradually died.

Definitely more cuc members. Nothing will exactly take the snail waste away though. I heard that cucumbers will make the sand clean. But using a siphon to do water changes would help. Also swishing the water around with a dropper or something to get it off the rock.

Back
Top Bottom