Tiger tale cucumber activity?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonForce

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My tiger tail was climbing the glass and stuff, I was reading that its suppose to be a great sand sifter. Is this normal or is he just weird.(I named him christopher)

I don't know how normal or wierd it is but I have seen them do this at my lfs. Maybe it's a relocation thing. They stop eating long enough to move to a new area? lol Good luck with Christopher. :D

Ya i knocked his *edit* off the glass lastnight and he rand behind some rock and I didn't see him. This morning he was back on the glass again. :( I really want him to creep around the sand like he should.

Please run your water tests and post the results. When cukes keep climbing the glass to the top edge, it can sometimes be an indication somethings amiss with the water quality.

Cheers
Steve

He is now hiding in rocks and foraging on the sand. Everything came out fine. He really was only climbing halfway up and licking the glass and runnin around for a bit then went into some rocks and loafs around in there. Cool little invert to have imo.

I would still run the tests. Also be aware you really shouldn't keep a cuke in such a small tank. Typically they do best in a much larger system (100+ gal and only one to a tank) that has had enough time to become stable and mature. I would also not house one with a competing species. The brittle star and the cuke are after the same food resources, surface foods. The star being much faster and quicker to react, the cuke will not fair well long term.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom