Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-16-2008, 09:41 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to pitt420dude
Does anyone know if this timer/powerstrip Coralife Aqualight Digital Power Center at Big Al's Online is able to turn different plugs on and off at different times, or does it turn ALL on/off at the same time?

LOOK! A NEW LEAF!!!!!
pitt420dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

It does. The 4 plugs are the daylights that have their timer. The blue are for the actinic. Again differnt timer. Then the yellow maybe ??? turn the nitelights on when the other two go out. But they do work, I just forgot how I hooked mine up. They are the same color layout.

I have the manual one with dials. I see this has digital or something. Wondering how it re-sets after an outage. BUt yeah. It'll work. I have the Coralife 3x150mh and 4x96 actinic. 3 plugs for the mh's (white). 2 plugs for the twin blue/actinic. 2 for the nite lites.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:58 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

You sure? I thought on those the "yellow" and "blue" outlets alternated on/off. In other words, when the yellow outlets go off the blues come on. And when the blues go off, the yellows come on. The gray ones are always on.

Yeah... I know you said you had one so I'm not going to argue with someone who's using one, but when I was looking into those a couple years back I thought I read that they weren't independent timers...
Old 03-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

I didn't look at that thing well. Kurt, you're right, those are just constant on - the white or grey. whatever.

Mine looks more like this with double timers. Zilla Aqualight Power Center (Double) (Saltwater Aquarium Supplies > Lighting > Accessories > Timers )

Although mine went on the fritz after about a month. Got another. Reviews I've read say they can be finicky. Seems like my clock acts weird sometimes, but it's been holding up for about 2 yrs now. 2 timers and when they both go out, the nite lights come on.

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Old 03-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
I bought one and it was the smaller one. The only complaint I have is, I can't use all the sockets because some of the plugs are large and half-way cover up the other socket, so keep this in mind.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

Location: Tired of the mod power plays; gone to another forum
I'm sure you know already, but you can buy 'pigtails' that allow you to use all of the sockets
Old 03-17-2008, 02:47 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I have had this product for several weeks and it works perfectly. When the yellow outlets {daytime} shut off, the blue {nighttime} switch on automatically. The other 4 are the constant ones for your heater and filter.

uscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #18
AA Team Emeritus

Which product are we talking about now. I forget.

Anyway, mine has 3 yellow, two blue, and 2 black plugs. Only one white/constant on.

Black for the 3 mhs, blue for the 2 actinic, and 2 for the nite lites.

Did I screw this thread up - or is Pitt420Dude even interested anymore???

Sorry.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:57 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to pitt420dude
Way to go Austin's dad, now you have everyone confused!!!

Totally kidding. I think most people are still talking about this coralife timer/powerstrip: Coralife Aqualight Digital Power Center at Big Al's Online.

It has 2 yellow plugs, 2 blue plugs, and 4 grey. So I guess there is only one timer, and the yellows and blues are mutually exclusive (can't both be on at the same time)???

That kindof sucks b/c I want my lights (3 plugs, 1 plug is lunar lights) and solenoid to shut off at the same time (3 plugs go off) while my lunar light plug kicks on (1 plug). The rest are for heaters, pumps, filters, etc.

It is pricey too, someone mentioned one made by brinks, anybody have this or know where to find it? How about ones made by Intermatic, anybody use these?

LOOK! A NEW LEAF!!!!!
pitt420dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 12:05 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have that exact one the 4 plugs yellow and blue can all be programmed individually for what time you want them to turn on and turn off and all of the non colored plugs (grey) are constant power. I have my 10k/Actinics and lunar lights all programmed differently

FijiWigi_Tank_photos
120G Oscar tank in progress
fijiwigi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
timers

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com