Timers and Surge Protectors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I went the cheap way and just got teh heavy duty timer by intermatic and a power cord.

I have my two light plugs, solenoid, and ph controller plugged into the timer. Everything else has power all the time. It works but I have to turn the lunar lights on when I feel like it.

Installing a GFCI (ground fault circuit interuptor) is pretty easy just turn off the breaker at the panel and screw the 3 wires from the old socket Positive negative ground into the new GFCI outlet then turn the breaker back on. If any water shorts out your plug it will trip and you or your livestock won't get zapped.

Definitely a good idea, and I have some clamps and tubing I need to return to Home depot anyway. If I plug a power cord (not surge protector, just power cord) into the timer, and the timer into a 6 socket, and the 6 socket into the GFCI, that would protect everything right?

yes the GFCI will trip the breaker if there is any power surge from something plugged into it and the surge protector is added protection as well.

Back
Top Bottom