Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #131
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's certainly great to hear... I've just been using the time to imagine and design different aquascapes so hopefully, once it's here, it won't take me 5-6 hours to figure it out.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:04 AM   #132
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF

I actually gave away a 180 gallon tank with stand, canopy, 75 gallon sump / refugium, sea swirls, and mag 12 pump for free!!!! At the time, I thought it was too big and I'd never use it, but now I'm kicking myself like crazy.

Its a freshwater set-up now...
I think you can get in trouble for posting that on this site. That hurts me and i didn't even give it away.

^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:10 AM   #133
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondatek View Post
I think you can get in trouble for posting that on this site. That hurts me and i didn't even give it away.
Yeah this,,and too big,,really ,come on!!
More like never big enough...don't have the room,,make a room,knock out a wall ,add an addition ,,something
FTMMWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:54 PM   #134
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah, I know, it was before I knew what I had. I bought it when I was young from a classified add on another forum. I toted it around with me for (10 years) to three apartments, the last one being on the 3rd floor. I will promise you that hauling an all-glass 180 gallon tank up 4 flights of stairs is a nightmare.

I didn't know what to do when I moved again, so I put in on CL - everyone that came to look at it, said that they had no way of removing it. I was just gonna leave it in the apt when I left, but a guy from work said he had (4) friends that would come and get it, so they did, and the rest is history.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #135
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort384
Lol. I hear ya. I think it took me about 16 days to get my rocks from him. Worth the wait though. The rock is nicer than the sand...
Did you get an email with tracking info? So far I've gotten processing and confirmed, but nothing about tracking.
Old 04-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #136
Dividing by 0
Community Admin

POTM Champion

IIRC I did get an email when it actually shipped... You may want to give him a call. He shipped it the day after I called to check on my order status .
fort384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:59 PM   #137
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nice, so that's the trick!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #138
Aquarium Advice Addict

So ironically, as I was planning to call today... I got a call from him asking me what size tank the rock is for. I told him a 29 cube and he said that he'd accommodate nicely and ship out the rock today! Whoo hoo!
Old 04-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #139
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF
So ironically, as I was planning to call today... I got a call from him asking me what size tank the rock is for. I told him a 29 cube and he said that he'd accommodate nicely and ship out the rock today! Whoo hoo!
Wow my service was the opposite. I called 12 times throughout a few days and was sent to voicemail everytime until I sent out a nasty email
Old 04-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #140
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sorry to hear that Ibrahim, it seems that he had pretty great service for me. He stated that my payment went under review last week through paypal, which made sense because my debit card had fraudulent charges in Florida before that I just had to take care of.

But, yup, he called and was very nice, and explained that unlike some companies that sell a "box of rocks" - he actually picks out rocks based on your aquarium size to give you the best possible outcome.

I was very pleased, and have already gotten my FedEx e-mail with tracking number. It was sent "FedEx Home Delivery" so I'm hoping to have it by this weekend.

Tags
29 gallon, bio, biocube, build, cube, reef, tan, tank build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com