Tim's 29gal Biocube Reef / Angler Fish tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if he'll eat the chromis when he's bigger...
"fish are friends not food"

Glad to hear it Tim,,can't believe he's friends with a chromis though :lol: Mine just ate one this morning

IMO you could get a tiny one and keep it in your cube for a bit...I would upgrade at some point though

I think it's a trick. I'm pretty sure the angler is just eyeing the Chromis like a huge porterhouse steak, but can't fathom how to eat it yet. I'm positive as soon as he grows a tiny bit more, the Chromis will be invited over for lunch ;)

That's hilarious!! I bet your right, gotta be fun to watch...building up to the dramatic end.

Flreefer said:
That's hilarious!! I bet your right, gotta be fun to watch...building up to the dramatic end.

Haha that or Tim will become attatched to the chromis and set up another tank to save him :) hahah

I read about someone keeping one in a 5g. I read they hardly move around so I imagine it's possible to do it in a smaller aquarium. There are several species from all over thee world some that don't grow larger than 4" up to other species that grow to over 12". I would think a 4" would be fairly happy in a 10g alone with a small fish for breakfast. Mind you I've never tried raising one so I have no valid say in the matter, just a theory.

Just redid the rock in the refuge to house my angler I am going to pick it up Friday...... I owe the wanting of it to Tim thanks buddy.....

Like I said earlier Blue zoo aquatics has them for $99. Much cheaper. You can also get coral from them too since they've got great prices and free ship on orders over $140. Lol I know I sound like I'm advertising them but I've just always had a great experience with them.

Hahaha no I just got a really good deal here locally I got my lfs to sell it to me for 69 bucks but I still am waiting on one more price to see if they can beat it any but thank you I will look at them for some corals as well

$69 for a warty!!! That's unheard of! Nice!!! That's awesome that you are for sure getting one, and the rock is looking good too.

thanks.... Yeah it took some work to get them to do it but I got it....... I played the i have spent a lot of money in here so give me a good price PLEASE....... and i finally got it....

rob_mango said:
Hahaha no I just got a really good deal here locally I got my lfs to sell it to me for 69 bucks but I still am waiting on one more price to see if they can beat it any but thank you I will look at them for some corals as well

Ah lol I thought you said 169 lol

Back
Top Bottom