Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #501
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Jlsardina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF
Probably is... It was $12, so I grabbed it! Lol - total impulse.
12$? Maybe not then. But you never know. Lol. How big? I have an 8 inch war coral that was 320$.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:53 PM   #502
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's like 1.5-2" frag. It's orange and green mixed. I typed in war coral and it looks exactly like it. I got it cheap because they had a buy two get one free so I paid $50 for three frags, so I just say $25 for one and 12.50 for other two.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #503
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did my pwc today for all the tanks - running a couple days behind... Anyway, I think I accidentally sold myself on LED's for the biocube. When the lid was off I decided, just to see, to put the 4-bulb t5's over the cube, and MAN! What a difference! The zoos popped so nice, the ricordia lit up, trumpet and gap were glowing and the whole tank just looked awesome...

Soooo, I guess it'll be sooner than later when I get the LED's.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #504
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Did my pwc today for all the tanks - running a couple days behind... Anyway, I think I accidentally sold myself on LED's for the biocube. When the lid was off I decided, just to see, to put the 4-bulb t5's over the cube, and MAN! What a difference! The zoos popped so nice, the ricordia lit up, trumpet and gap were glowing and the whole tank just looked awesome...

Soooo, I guess it'll be sooner than later when I get the LED's.
Haha thats so cool! Goodluck with that, sounds like the right direction for sure
Old 05-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #505
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thanks - ill most likely be doing the dimmable retrofit for the BC29 from RapidLED - my LED combo will be (10) royal blue, (4) blue, (7) cool white, (3) natural white.

Also using an RKL to control them.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:02 AM   #506
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got a new addition in the tank today...

Name:   image-3524917426.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  92.1 KB

Yup - you guessed it... Cyanobacteria! At first I thought it was spots of coralline on the rocks, but after I came home from vacation this weekend, I quickly realized it was not...

Doing a PWC in the morning so I'll try to remove what I can. I've got cyano, hair, brown, and green algae growing not to mention the chaeto and red macros, which I might add are growing fast and looking great.

I'm just an algae factory with a Wartskin on the side.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:32 AM   #507
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've been batteling some myself. Unfortunately- with low flow it's a risk I guess. I don't know how people with seahorse tanks can handle this. Lol.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:37 AM   #508
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

More Pictures!!!!
Please?
Old 05-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #509
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlsardina
I've been batteling some myself. Unfortunately- with low flow it's a risk I guess. I don't know how people with seahorse tanks can handle this. Lol.
That's exactly it too. I put in the tunze nano PH at 425gph, and the whole tank got upset, not to mention the angler had to bed down in a bunker. I tried every possible angle too.

So now I just have my return glow and still the angler struggles to swim around. He looks like a rock climber most of the time, clawing up the rocks.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #510
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

That's exactly it too. I put in the tunze nano PH at 425gph, and the whole tank got upset, not to mention the angler had to bed down in a bunker. I tried every possible angle too.

So now I just have my return glow and still the angler struggles to swim around. He looks like a rock climber most of the time, clawing up the rocks.
I do have one very low flow pump in my tank right now as a make shift power head. I turn it off at night as that is when my guy seems to be the most active. He swims around more. I've been trying to slowly adjust it so that it on more and more at night so he comes out during the day instead. Even still though I am wiping the glass every other day. My guy likes to hand out on the roof of the caves I have made so I really have to look for him as he is a master of disguise. My hermits help some. But I am afraid this will be a battle that lasts forever. Lol. I do plan on adding more macro to see if that helps. My only other option might be more frequent water changes. Maybe a gallon every other day?

Tags
29 gallon, bio, biocube, build, cube, reef, tan, tank build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com