Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #581
Aquarium Advice Addict

End of May, beginning of June for Most. Birdsnest was added middle of October.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #582
Aquarium Advice Addict

I neglected to do a PWC last week on the BC so it's been two weeks. I've just been watching as the glass is covered in green film. Hair algae has completely taken hold. Aptasia, that came in on a coral, has now spread throughout the tank and into the chaeto in the rear. The Xenia is growing like a week and taking over the top if the reef, and all the other corals are getting huge as well. I'll take pics tomorrow, but its still so sad to look into this tank.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:59 PM   #583
Aquarium Advice Addict

Last night, I found my Pom Pom crab still doing great in a small crevice, still had both poms. Then at 1:30a, I had a power outage that lasted until about 2:00p. It was a long and cold night. I had to use a whisk to oxygenate the water every hour. The temp dropped to around 72.

So far, the only causality I see is the large blue damsel looks like he got an eye infection on one side. Everything else I could see was okay. Time will tell.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #584
Aquarium Advice Addict

Nothing much to update. I will say that I am still quite hesitant about raising another angler / frog. I have been seeing a few on LA's DD, and it still makes me sad.

That said, I have come to the conclusion that something has got to be done. The reef, although marked with Bubble algae, xenia outbreak, and aptaisia here and there, it still looks great.

There are still (4) assorted damsels in the tank and a bunch of inverts, so I'm still enjoying it, but it needs something more.

I'm on the fence on whether to pull the trigger on another angler, OR turn the BC into another Mantis tank.

The pro's of the Angler for me are: Having an awesome fish that is perfectly reef safe. Enjoying all of the quirks of using his lure to catch prey, swim around all goofy, and walk. Just the overall attitude and demeanor was pleasing to me.

Cons: I was spending nearly $100 dollars in fuel per month driving to LFS for Feeder shrimp. I didn't realize, until I didn't have to do it, and my budget fell drastically.

Having to hand feed every shrimp directly to him. They are generally inactive and so don't add much exitement to the tank while just watching.

Messy eater adds to bubble / hair algae issues. (Hair is gone now, bubbles are not)

Anyone have any thoughts about resurecting an Angler tank vs. Any other option?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #585
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I say go for another angler . You never know man your next one might take to a feeding stick / frozen foods . My opinion might be a little bias though
^ Quoted from Porc Chop^
Hondatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #586
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have to vote for angler as well.... I am thinking of pulling my clowns and get one to.... but I did have the one that died on me as well but I really want another as well
Old 03-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #587
Aquarium Advice Addict

I knew my angler club pals would come in with some support!

The truth is I am leaning very much towards another one. I was thinking black, but then again maybe a red or orange painted. As much as I loved my Warty, I don't think I can drop another $200 without a bit more confidence.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:18 PM   #588
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah they r pricy but the warty is the coolest looking by far
Old 03-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #589
Aquarium Advice Freak

This is from my local LFS. It's a weekly e-mail of specials and new additions for sale. I thought this was a steal for this angler!
I'm wondering if he could get another to you for a great price!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3991932483.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	157297  
Old 03-05-2013, 10:10 PM   #590
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLH-l3ioCub3 View Post
This is from my local LFS. It's a weekly e-mail of specials and new additions for sale. I thought this was a steal for this angler!
I'm wondering if he could get another to you for a great price!
Wow 50 bucks you should get

Tags
29 gallon, bio, biocube, build, cube, reef, tan, tank build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com