Tim's 29gal Biocube Reef / Angler Fish tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, it's way better than my 54, especially since I didn't have to include the costs of test kits, refractometer, etc. Not to mention, I only figured about half the amount of corals as I have and (4) less fish.

Wow my whole 180 gallon build was a lot less than that . But like fort said i still would rather not tally it up.

Hondatek said:
Wow my whole 180 gallon build was a lot less than that . But like fort said i still would rather not tally it up.

Lol my 150g was less than that WAAAY less lmao

Dang, I feel bad now... I just tallied up my 54 and without even counting the ongoing salt usage and food for the year, my total was... $3602. OUCH!

My next build is going to be a 180 FOWLR, but not until I figure out this whole oversea's working deal. Once I find out I'm staying in the states, and get into a house instead of an apartment, I'll pull the trigger.

I actually gave away a 180 gallon tank with stand, canopy, 75 gallon sump / refugium, sea swirls, and mag 12 pump for free!!!! At the time, I thought it was too big and I'd never use it, but now I'm kicking myself like crazy.

Its a freshwater set-up now...

TLTGF said:
Dang, I feel bad now... I just tallied up my 54 and without even counting the ongoing salt usage and food for the year, my total was... $3602. OUCH!

Wow, I tallied my 150g and that was $600 with fish, decor, lights and all, and my 4g was $100 lol

Haha I just did my 55 gallon and I am at 3227.48 wow I know I can't get that back out of it guess that's what I get for buying live rock from the lfs

Absolutely, it literally felt like I went to the beach, filled up a 5-gallon bucket, and brought it home. It's really nice, the only thing its missing is about 30lbs of rock sitting on top of it!

Lol. I hear ya. I think it took me about 16 days to get my rocks from him. Worth the wait though. The rock is nicer than the sand... :)

That's certainly great to hear... I've just been using the time to imagine and design different aquascapes so hopefully, once it's here, it won't take me 5-6 hours to figure it out.

TLTGF said:
I actually gave away a 180 gallon tank with stand, canopy, 75 gallon sump / refugium, sea swirls, and mag 12 pump for free!!!! At the time, I thought it was too big and I'd never use it, but now I'm kicking myself like crazy.

Its a freshwater set-up now...

I think you can get in trouble for posting that on this site. That hurts me and i didn't even give it away.

I think you can get in trouble for posting that on this site. That hurts me and i didn't even give it away.
Yeah this,,and too big,,really ,come on!!:lol:
More like never big enough...don't have the room,,make a room,knock out a wall ,add an addition ,,something:)(y)

Yeah, I know, it was before I knew what I had. I bought it when I was young from a classified add on another forum. I toted it around with me for (10 years) to three apartments, the last one being on the 3rd floor. I will promise you that hauling an all-glass 180 gallon tank up 4 flights of stairs is a nightmare.

I didn't know what to do when I moved again, so I put in on CL - everyone that came to look at it, said that they had no way of removing it. I was just gonna leave it in the apt when I left, but a guy from work said he had (4) friends that would come and get it, so they did, and the rest is history.

fort384 said:
Lol. I hear ya. I think it took me about 16 days to get my rocks from him. Worth the wait though. The rock is nicer than the sand... :)

Did you get an email with tracking info? So far I've gotten processing and confirmed, but nothing about tracking.

IIRC I did get an email when it actually shipped... You may want to give him a call. He shipped it the day after I called to check on my order status :).

So ironically, as I was planning to call today... I got a call from him asking me what size tank the rock is for. I told him a 29 cube and he said that he'd accommodate nicely and ship out the rock today! Whoo hoo!

TLTGF said:
So ironically, as I was planning to call today... I got a call from him asking me what size tank the rock is for. I told him a 29 cube and he said that he'd accommodate nicely and ship out the rock today! Whoo hoo!

Wow my service was the opposite. I called 12 times throughout a few days and was sent to voicemail everytime until I sent out a nasty email

Sorry to hear that Ibrahim, it seems that he had pretty great service for me. He stated that my payment went under review last week through paypal, which made sense because my debit card had fraudulent charges in Florida before that I just had to take care of.

But, yup, he called and was very nice, and explained that unlike some companies that sell a "box of rocks" - he actually picks out rocks based on your aquarium size to give you the best possible outcome.

I was very pleased, and have already gotten my FedEx e-mail with tracking number. It was sent "FedEx Home Delivery" so I'm hoping to have it by this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom