Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #71
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got some toys, though one is garbage.

I got a magfloat And a floating thermometer, but didn't realize it didn't have a suction cup. When I went back to look, all the reviews were negative and said it was inaccurate garbage!

I'll test it with my digital to see what happens... Where to find a cheap suction cup. I say cheap because the thermometer with suction cup is only $2.00.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:48 PM   #72
Aquarium Advice Addict

Forgot the pic!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #73
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got my Chemipure elite and purigen shipped today. Sand and canopy fans should be here tomorrow.

Still waiting on Media basket, fuge basket, fuge light, replacement ballast, replacement bulbs, heater, (2) kinds of rock... and I think that's it.

I get paid on the 6th, and I'm VERY tempted to pull the trigger on this guy and put him in QT rather than wait for the Wartskin...

Drs. Foster and Smith Diver's Denģ - Antennarius pictus
Old 03-27-2012, 07:45 PM   #74
Aquarium Advice Regular

That's a really good looking fish too! I haven't seen any frogfish imported over here. One website has a picture but has been "out of stock" for the past five months I've been checking. If one does come in I've been thinking about selling everything to raise a frogfish.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #75
Aquarium Advice Addict

Now I'm really freakin out. I just re-evaluated my cash-flow, and I have enough to cover this fish...

I like that it is already a good size fish (4"+), and around the same price I'd already planned on for the 1" little guy.

I really love the white/maroon look, but this guy looks bad a$$ too!

If I modify the frag tank and open up the majority with only a small egg crate shelf, will he be okay for about a month or so while I cycle?

Another thing I was thinking about today was the light. I have a 4-bulb T5 light sitting basically directly on the frag tank. Is this going to be too much light for this, or any fish?

I can try to make-up some caves with the rock I have in their now and I can easily throw in a piece of PVC.

Finally, if I don't buy this fish, I was thinking about adding a few small chromis after my tank cycles and then when I add the angler to the tank, he'll already have some live food to catch if he wishes... Thoughts?
Old 03-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #76
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF
Now I'm really freakin out. I just re-evaluated my cash-flow, and I have enough to cover this fish...

I like that it is already a good size fish (4"+), and around the same price I'd already planned on for the 1" little guy.

I really love the white/maroon look, but this guy looks bad a$$ too!

If I modify the frag tank and open up the majority with only a small egg crate shelf, will he be okay for about a month or so while I cycle?

Another thing I was thinking about today was the light. I have a 4-bulb T5 light sitting basically directly on the frag tank. Is this going to be too much light for this, or any fish?

I can try to make-up some caves with the rock I have in their now and I can easily throw in a piece of PVC.

Finally, if I don't buy this fish, I was thinking about adding a few small chromis after my tank cycles and then when I add the angler to the tank, he'll already have some live food to catch if he wishes... Thoughts?
Go for the red angler. Id get damsels instead of chromis but hey that's your decision. Either way do what you feel best doing.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:48 PM   #77
Aquarium Advice Addict

Damsels over chromis for a reason? Won't they be too aggressive towards the angler? Never had any, so no idea.

I'm up for doing whatever is best.

What about the lights on the frag tank? Am I going to run into any issues there?
Old 03-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #78
Aquarium Advice Addict

You have absolutely got to be kidding me!!! This is the 2nd time I have tried to buy my angler only to have someone else buy it while it was in my cart!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I just went to buy this beauty of a fish, and what do I see, sorry this fish is already sold!!!!!

I can not believe it!

Old 03-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #79
Aquarium Advice Addict

Here we go again!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 01:21 AM   #80
Aquarium Advice Addict

I was really upset that I finally get the courage to spend $150 on a single fish, only to have my hopes dashed, again. BUT, after having a few hours to relax and let my adrenaline subside, I think I'm realizing that it's probably a good thing. My frag tank needs modification before any fish can call it home, and my angler setup isn't even complete yet. I want my angler to come home to a nice reef, not a bare tank barely out of cycle. So for now, even if I'm in denial, I think it's for the best.

I'll still be keeping a close eye out, just in case...

Tags
29 gallon, bio, biocube, build, cube, reef, tan, tank build

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com