Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-20-2012, 09:52 AM   #1031
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF View Post
Decided to make a new screen top. This time, instead of using whiteboard, I used corrugated plastic. Two layers to sandwich the screen which is hot-glued together.

Here it is on the floor, and on the tank. Mind you I can not push the new lid down all the way into the groove because of the powerhead wires. I didn't cut notches in this top, because tomorrow I will no longer have the wires on the inside of the tank.
The tank looks great!

redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:46 PM   #1032
Aquarium Advice Addict

Did your mp10s come in today

Old 02-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #1033
Aquarium Advice Addict

That's a funny story... I waited and waited for the mail to come and it was running late so I drove 25 minutes to the bank. Well I waited at the bank until 11:00a only to finally realize that it was president's day and the banks are closed. I raced home to get the mail, again, only to realize that the post office is closed today!

What a crock! Anyway, the MP10's and my 12V DC plug will be here tomorrow and I'm not 100% yet on the skimmer - maybe Friday, no tracking info yet.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:09 PM   #1034
Aquarium Advice Addict

That is crap
Old 02-20-2012, 09:11 PM   #1035
Aquarium Advice Freak

Lmfao.... That is a funny story. Disappointing, but funny.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #1036
Aquarium Advice Addict

And now the moment we've all been waiting for... well, at least I have!

Today I recieved (1) of my (2) Ecotech Vortech MP10w ES powerheads. I ordered from DrsFosterSmith and of course, as stated before, no issues with any service, and all was great. Shipping was fast, packaging was typical and good. MP10 box was immaculate condition.

The instructions for set-up were extremely easy and gave notes to link to Youtube videos for further assistance.

Literally, plug and play, pulled it out of the box slapped it in the tank and I was off.

Things to note:

The Vortech seems to be doing well in the exact location that my Koralia was. I wasn't sure if a relocation was necessary, and it's not.

I was able to "Auto tune" the pump and within 30-45 seconds of having the pump in the water, I had a very nice wave. (Though I did not keep that setting)

All of the modes are easy to cycle through and the booklet included has graphical representations of each Mode and it is color coded to show the actions of Multiple powerheads in the tank and even locations for them.

The pump is louder than I thought while making a wave / pulse modes, but using on the Ecosmart Modes, it is very quiet even at highest setting. It is mostly the "ramping" up and down that causes a more audible sound.

At full tilt, I could, and did, shut down the other (2) 750 koralias and the difference was negligable at best. Very powerful.

The radion software doesn't "Show" the MP10w being connected. You simply check a box, and it is paired. I reset the time on the radion to mimic night mode. Mine starts night mode at 9:00p. At 9:00p the lights went out and the MP10w automatically turned itself into nightmode as well. It is supposed to run in nightmode for 10 hours before returning to normal. However, with it hooked to the radion I'm not sure if it will start back at 6:00a when I have my Radion start or if it will go until 7:00a. Either way, I'm thrilled.

The looks are fantastic and the difference of obtrusion into the tank is fantastic. I will upload pics to follow.

The driver is very nice and easy to use. I mounted it inside my stand with the supplied velcro strip. It actually came with (2) strips, but I didn't need both.

The power cord and driver cord are very long so you have huge options for mounting.

So far, that's all I can say. It has only been (2) hours!
Old 02-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #1037
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pics as promised:
Old 02-21-2012, 04:25 PM   #1038
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very nice I think you will love it with both in there the flow options are great
Old 02-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #1039
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Awesome review, thanks very much for that.

I am hoping to get a single mp10 for my upcoming 60g and it's a relief knowing its easy to set up.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #1040
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
Awesome review, thanks very much for that.

I am hoping to get a single mp10 for my upcoming 60g and it's a relief knowing its easy to set up.
An MP40 would do you much better. If you had an mp10 it'd be on full blast all the time and you might even need another PH

Tags
corner, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com