Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #1131
Aquarium Advice Addict

Very nice

Old 03-04-2012, 01:44 AM   #1132
Aquarium Advice Addict

The first coral is a pachyseris rugosa, and the second is a pectinia sp.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #1133
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

My tank is new and still cycling. I also have a 54 gallon corner. Do you have your rocks resting on the glass in the back corner? I was thinking I needed to leave space away from the glass so I can clean the glass. Unfortunately, some of the smaller and light weight rocks I have keep falling forward so I was contemplating a different way to stack them.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #1134
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Send a message via AIM to mrbee2828 Send a message via Yahoo to mrbee2828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherb View Post
My tank is new and still cycling. I also have a 54 gallon corner. Do you have your rocks resting on the glass in the back corner? I was thinking I needed to leave space away from the glass so I can clean the glass. Unfortunately, some of the smaller and light weight rocks I have keep falling forward so I was contemplating a different way to stack them.

You can use some zip ties if there are a lot of ins and outs. If you have a masonry bit or a few bucks for one at HD then you can drill the rock and use plastic rods. You can also use aquarium epoxy and even special cement to hold it all together.
mrbee2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #1135
Aquarium Advice Regular

Tim, just a quick tip regarding your mp10. I turned the power to the max setting and adjusted the wet side until I had no vibration and the least bit of sound. Hopefully this makes sense to you. It definitely worked for me, but maybe yours is already dialed in. Key is to have the setting on max
Old 03-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #1136
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherb
My rocks aren't quite touching the glass, but they are close enough where I can not fully clean the glass. I don't even try to clean the side glass and I'm just letting the coralline algae consume it. I've seen many tanks online that the rock is up against the glass.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #1137
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoom27
Tim, just a quick tip regarding your mp10. I turned the power to the max setting and adjusted the wet side until I had no vibration and the least bit of sound. Hopefully this makes sense to you. It definitely worked for me, but maybe yours is already dialed in. Key is to have the setting on max
Yup, I'm dialed in. I did the full throttle adjustment when I first added them. They really have been outstanding with just a hiccup here and there. 99.9% of the time, they are silent.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #1138
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoom27
Show a picture of what your talking about
Old 03-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #1139
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia

Show a picture of what your talking about
What did you want to see a picture of?
Old 03-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #1140
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF

What did you want to see a picture of?
The m10 thingy

Tags
corner, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com