Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #1151
Aquarium Advice Addict

Because of a large amount of orders from the March Madness deals, it delayed the shipment. They are supposed to arrive tomorrow morning via UPS.

I went ahead and set up a 10 gallon frag tank with a bunch of LR, eggcrate, a Koralia 750 and my 4-blub T5's and a heater.

I tested the water the morning and it was 0,0,0, 79F, 1.026... So I should be all set. I've got everything ready to dip all the corals in coralRX individually.

I'll take a picture or two of the setup when I get home, and I'll post more pics tomorrow morning.

Old 03-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #1152
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF
Because of a large amount of orders from the March Madness deals, it delayed the shipment. They are supposed to arrive tomorrow morning via UPS.

I went ahead and set up a 10 gallon frag tank with a bunch of LR, eggcrate, a Koralia 750 and my 4-blub T5's and a heater.

I tested the water the morning and it was 0,0,0, 79F, 1.026... So I should be all set. I've got everything ready to dip all the corals in coralRX individually.

I'll take a picture or two of the setup when I get home, and I'll post more pics tomorrow morning.
I hope the the way they treat their coral has changed so I can go down there and get coral for my 4g

Old 03-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #1153
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm hoping so, but thinking not. If all they do is frag all day and all night to keep up with orders, I can't imagine many frags sitting around healing...

I just hope I get lucky with a few. Honestly, it was the craziest impulse ever. I only have room in my tank for three or four and the rest are going to the LFS for trade or sell. I'm hoping they will buy my elegance too, it doubled in size and completely outgrew my tank in like a month!
Old 03-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #1154
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well I am always looking for corals if your cool with shipping to Arizona I will get some off of you
Old 03-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #1155
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'd be happy to ship to you, but let me make sure they are even worth shipping...
Old 03-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #1156
Aquarium Advice Addict

Awesome that would be great
Old 03-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #1157
Aquarium Advice Addict

So here it is, my MrCoral picture review.

I received tracking info last night at about 6:00p stating that the package shipped to be delivered by 10:30a. I received the package, UPS, at 9:36a.

The package bottom was soaking wet, so I was quickly concerned, but I never figured out where the water came from, though cleary it was from inside the box.

The packaging was okay, and the heater was still working, though the bag water was cold. All the small bags were wrapped in one large bag and sealed.

It was obvious that there was more care taken with the larger 1" frags and the "limit 1" frags. Double bagged / cleaner water.

The process was consuming as I dipped all corals before placing in tank. I attached a picture of the hitchhikers that I didn't trust. 5-6 reddish worm-like creatures with fans on the head or tail, and were swimming. They ALL came from one small bag on one coral. All other corals were free o any nasties, with the exception of a tiny starfish.

The March Madness free corals are a joke. They are tiny, 1/4" maybe for SPS, but the favia type free ones were okay. They also sent two, something's that I have zero clue what they are. They look like skinny cigarettes... Pic included.

After putting into tank, most stuck polyps out fast - the validia-style acros still no polyp extension.

95% of the corals actually appear to have some healing where they were fragged and I'm 90% sure that they are all the WYSIWYG frags that I picked.

All in all, I'm not too upset, other than I clearly misjudged the size. These are tiny tiny frags. I'd like to grow them out some to see what they actually look like.

Here are the pics:
Old 03-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #1158
Aquarium Advice FINatic

POTM Champion

Send a message via AIM to mrbee2828 Send a message via Yahoo to mrbee2828
Very cool! Sounds like you had a little frustration but all in all it sounds like everything is going to pull through. The grow part is the fun part though right?
mrbee2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #1159
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yup. I'm actually happier than expected. Most all corals are now extended and color is coming out. I can't remember if I mentioned in previous post, but three corals had broken off plug, so I re-glued them and no issue.

Other than the size, I feel I got some good stuff. Some of the negative reviews I read alluded to the corals dying after a week or two, so I'll keep posted if that's the case.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #1160
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks very much for the review. I have also been thinking of ordering from mr coral but was unsure. I will keep an eye out and see how yours do.

thanks again, great review!

Tags
corner, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com