Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-10-2012, 02:06 PM   #1181

I love those powerheads u have in ur tank. I was thinking of getting two because I hear they are worth the money. Also the motor stays out of the water correct. I have to many submerged pumps and I finally got my temp to stay steady. At 83 to 84 degrees that is but steady. I also like the fact u can control the motors frequency via controler to range from little up to around 4000 gph.

Old 03-10-2012, 05:17 PM   #1182
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
I love those powerheads u have in ur tank. I was thinking of getting two because I hear they are worth the money. Also the motor stays out of the water correct. I have to many submerged pumps and I finally got my temp to stay steady. At 83 to 84 degrees that is but steady. I also like the fact u can control the motors frequency via controler to range from little up to around 4000 gph.
They are very nice indeed, but worth the money... depends on what you mean. If flow was your only concern, id say, stick with koralias. They are fantastic and well priced. However, I like a high tech, bells and whistles tank, with a mknimalist feel.

The MP10's aren't near 4000 gph. One at MAX is 1500. The way mine are set, the most flow in my tank at one time is around 1800-2000 gph. Anymore than that and things were unhappy.

They were worth it to me, but I cant say the same for everyone. Oh and to answer your question, yes, the drive motor is outside the tank.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #1183
Aquarium Advice Addict

They r well worth it to me I love them
Old 03-10-2012, 06:27 PM   #1184
Aquarium Advice Addict

Lost my first MrCoral coral... It was on of the valadia-style ones. It was one of the fresh cut freebies, and it never had any polyp extension and now it's totally white. Ah well.
Old 03-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #1185
Aquarium Advice Addict

That still sux sorry to here that
Old 03-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #1186
Aquarium Advice Addict

So how do the rest of the corals seem to be doing
Old 03-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #1187
Aquarium Advice Addict

All of the other corals seem to be doing well - all showing nice polyp extension. One bad thing, I had to cut back the photo-period as I was starting to get a hair algae breakout on a few of the frag plugs. It was especially affecting the LPS coral plugs.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #1188
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLTGF
All of the other corals seem to be doing well - all showing nice polyp extension. One bad thing, I had to cut back the photo-period as I was starting to get a hair algae breakout on a few of the frag plugs. It was especially affecting the LPS coral plugs.
I got my first brain coral last night. Any advice about them you can give?
Old 03-14-2012, 10:36 PM   #1189
Aquarium Advice Addict

Pretty hardy coral - I'd keep it from the sand bed to about halfway up the tank. Just remember also, they have 3-5" sweeper tentacles that will sting corals that are too close.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #1190
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I have a brain in my tank, wish it was in my head. It was one of my first corals and one of 2 that survived my starting mismanagement. Def a great coral, it was the one coral I had to have when I started.

Tags
corner, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com